VLA radio continuum observations have been obtained for a number of pre-main sequence (PMS) stars in Corona Australis, Lupus, Scorpius and Taurus. A variety of PMS sources were detected and for other stars upper limits to the ionized mass loss rates were determined. A strong double source, showing two radio jets, was found associated with an embedded infra-red source in the R CrA molecular cloud. Some of the PMS stars show extended radio emission associated with ionized circumstellar envelopes, even though photoionization by EUV photons is not sufficient to produce the ionized regions.
- Pub Date:
- Circumstellar Shells:Ionization;
- Circumstellar Shells:Pre-Main-Sequence Stars;
- Ionization:Circumstellar Shells;
- Pre-Main-Sequence Stars:Circumstellar Shells;
- Pre-Main-Sequence Stars:Radio Radiation;
- Radio Radiation:Pre-Main-Sequence Stars