In the spirit of Trimble's "Astrophysics in XXXX" series, I very briefly and subjectively review developments in SETI in 2020. My primary focus is 75 papers and books published or made public in 2020, which I sort into six broad categories: results from actual searches, new search methods and instrumentation, target and frequency selection, the development of technosignatures, theory of ETIs, and social aspects of SETI.
- Pub Date:
- January 2022
- Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence;
- Astrophysics - Instrumentation and Methods for Astrophysics;
- Astrophysics - Earth and Planetary Astrophysics;
- Physics - Popular Physics
- 9 pp. Intended to be the first in an annual series. v.2 is the accepted version after proof corrections, and includes a description of one additional paper