We consider a zero-error probabilistic group testing problem where individuals are defective independently but not with identical probabilities. We propose a greedy set formation method to build sets of individuals to be tested together. We develop an adaptive group testing algorithm that uses the proposed set formation method recursively. We prove novel upper bounds on the number of tests for the proposed algorithm. Via numerical results, we show that our algorithm outperforms the state of the art, and performs close to the entropy lower bound.
- Pub Date:
- August 2021
- Computer Science - Information Theory;
- Computer Science - Computers and Society;
- Computer Science - Data Structures and Algorithms;
- Computer Science - Networking and Internet Architecture;
- Electrical Engineering and Systems Science - Signal Processing