We describe SemEval-2017 Task 3 on Community Question Answering. This year, we reran the four subtasks from SemEval-2016:(A) Question-Comment Similarity,(B) Question-Question Similarity,(C) Question-External Comment Similarity, and (D) Rerank the correct answers for a new question in Arabic, providing all the data from 2015 and 2016 for training, and fresh data for testing. Additionally, we added a new subtask E in order to enable experimentation with Multi-domain Question Duplicate Detection in a larger-scale scenario, using StackExchange subforums. A total of 23 teams participated in the task, and submitted a total of 85 runs (36 primary and 49 contrastive) for subtasks A-D. Unfortunately, no teams participated in subtask E. A variety of approaches and features were used by the participating systems to address the different subtasks. The best systems achieved an official score (MAP) of 88.43, 47.22, 15.46, and 61.16 in subtasks A, B, C, and D, respectively. These scores are better than the baselines, especially for subtasks A-C.
- Pub Date:
- December 2019
- Computer Science - Computation and Language;
- Computer Science - Artificial Intelligence;
- Computer Science - Information Retrieval;
- Computer Science - Machine Learning;
- community question answering, question-question similarity, question-comment similarity, answer reranking, Multi-domain Question Duplicate Detection, StackExchange, English, Arabic