Gravity is difficult to quantize. This is a well-known fact but its reason is given simply by non-renormalizability of the Newton constant and little is discussed why among many quantum gauge theories, gravity is special. In this essay we try to treat the gravity as one of many gauge theories, and discuss how it is special and why it is difficult to quantize.
- Pub Date:
- November 2018
- High Energy Physics - Theory;
- General Relativity and Quantum Cosmology;
- High Energy Physics - Lattice;
- High Energy Physics - Phenomenology
- 14 pages, misreading counting of degrees of freedom under the vierbein postulate corrected