We demonstrate the use of conditional autoregressive generative models (van den Oord et al., 2016a) over a discrete latent space (van den Oord et al., 2017b) for forward planning with MCTS. In order to test this method, we introduce a new environment featuring varying difficulty levels, along with moving goals and obstacles. The combination of high-quality frame generation and classical planning approaches nearly matches true environment performance for our task, demonstrating the usefulness of this method for model-based planning in dynamic environments.
- Pub Date:
- November 2018
- Computer Science - Machine Learning;
- Computer Science - Artificial Intelligence;
- Computer Science - Robotics;
- Statistics - Machine Learning
- 6 pages, 1 figure, in Proceedings of the Prediction and Generative Modeling in Reinforcement Learning Workshop at the International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML) in 2018