In this paper, we analyze energy-harvesting adaptive diffusion networks for a distributed estimation problem. In order to wisely manage the available energy resources, we propose a scheme where a censoring algorithm is jointly applied over the diffusion strategy. An energy-aware variation of a diffusion algorithm is used, and a new way of measuring the relevance of the estimates in diffusion networks is proposed in order to apply a subsequent censoring mechanism. Simulation results show the potential benefit of integrating censoring schemes in energy-constrained diffusion networks.
- Pub Date:
- September 2015
- Computer Science - Systems and Control;
- Computer Science - Multiagent Systems;
- Mathematics - Optimization and Control;
- Statistics - Machine Learning
- Accepted in 2015 IEEE International Workshop on Computational Advances in Multi-Sensor Adaptive Processing (CAMSAP 2015)