We outline a model to study the evolution of cooperation in a population of agents playing the prisoner's dilemma in signed networks. We highlight that if only dyadic interactions are taken into account, cooperation never evolves. However, when triadic considerations are introduced, a window of opportunity for emergence of cooperation as a stable behaviour emerges.
- Pub Date:
- September 2013
- Computer Science - Social and Information Networks;
- Computer Science - Computer Science and Game Theory;
- Computer Science - Neural and Evolutionary Computing;
- Physics - Physics and Society
- In Proceedings Wivace 2013, arXiv:1309.7122