This contribution, aimed mostly at experimental particle physicists, reviews some of the main ideas and results of string theory in a non-technical language. It originates from the talks presented by the authors at the electroweak session of the 2002 Moriond Meeting, here merged in an attempt to provide a more complete and concise view of the subject and updated to include a brief account of some recent developments.
Nuovo Cimento Rivista Serie
- Pub Date:
- July 2008
- PACS 01.30.Rr-Surveys and tutorial papers; resource letters;
- PACS 03.70.+k-Theory of quantized fields;
- PACS 04.50.-h-Higher-dimensional gravity and other theories of gravity;
- PACS 04.60.-m-Quantum gravity;
- High Energy Physics - Experiment;
- General Relativity and Quantum Cosmology;
- High Energy Physics - Phenomenology
- LaTeX, 28 pages, 13 figures. Contribution to the proceedings of the 2002 Rencontres de Moriond "Electroweak interactions and unified theories"