A fascinating new generation of experiments has determined certain meson scattering parameters at high precision. A confluence of highly sophisticated theory as well as new experimental ideas have led to this state of affairs, which sheds important light on the properties of the strong interactions. A brief review of the experiments and the theory is presented.
- Pub Date:
- March 2007
- Physics - Popular Physics;
- High Energy Physics - Experiment;
- High Energy Physics - Phenomenology;
- Physics - Physics Education
- 5 pages, latex, to appear in Current Science