Pulsar magnetosphere radiation caused by the propagation of Langmuir soliton in an inhomogeneous electron-positron plasma.
The paper proposes a mechanism of Langmuir-wave excitation and charge production along a magnetic field connected with the modulation instability of transverse electromagnetic waves propagating along the field. The spectral intensity of pulsar radiation induced by the propagation of a Langmuir soliton in a nonuniform electron-positron plasma is calculated.
Abastumanskaia Astrofizicheskaia Observatoriia Byulleten
- Pub Date:
- Electron-Positron Plasmas;
- Electrostatic Waves;
- Solitary Waves;
- Stellar Atmospheres;
- Stellar Radiation;
- Electromagnetic Wave Transmission;
- Magnetohydrodynamic Stability;
- Pulsar Magnetospheres:Radiation Mechanisms;
- Radiation Mechanisms:Pulsar Magnetospheres