Observations and models of the eclipse of the central star of NGC 2346.
The photometric behaviour of AGK3 -0°965, the central star of the bipolar planetary nebula NGC 2346, has been monitored photometrically for several months at the Observatorio Astronómico Nacional at Tonantzintla and San Pedro Mártir. A model is proposed in which the eclipses were caused by the passage of an ellipsoidal cool dust cloudlet.
Revista Mexicana de Astronomia y Astrofisica
- Pub Date:
- December 1986
- Central Stars:Photometry;
- Central Stars:Planetary Nebulae;
- Central Stars:Stellar Models;
- Eclipsing Binaries:Planetary Nebulae;
- Photometry:Central Stars;
- Planetary Nebulae:Central Stars;
- Planetary Nebulae:Eclipsing Binaries;
- Stellar Models:Central Stars