Simultaneous spectroscopic and photometric observations of the variable central star of the planetary nebula IC 418.
It has been possible to explain the brightness and/or radial velocity variations exhibited by central stars of planetary nebulae in one or the other of two different ways: binary systems and pulsations. HD 35914, the central star of IC 418, shows photometric and radial velocity variations with a time scale of a few hours. The purpose of the present paper is to investigate if any of the two alternatives mentioned above plays a role in the case of HD 35914.
Revista Mexicana de Astronomia y Astrofisica
- Pub Date:
- December 1986
- Central Stars:Photoelectric Photometry;
- Central Stars:Planetary Nebulae;
- Central Stars:Spectroscopy;
- Photoelectric Photometry:Central Stars;
- Planetary Nebulae:Central Stars;
- Spectroscopy:Central Stars