A high efficiency polarizing interferometer for astronomical observations in the submillimetric region.
The authors describe a high efficiency polarizing interferometer for astronomical observations in the submillimetric and millimetric region. The results obtained during tests at the focal plane of TIRGO (Gornergrat) lead to the conclusion that the instrument works with the expected efficiency and can be used for astronomical observations of faint sources.
- Pub Date:
- November 1986
- Infrared Spectroscopy;
- Michelson Interferometers;
- Microwave Interferometers;
- Polarized Electromagnetic Radiation;
- Faint Objects;
- Infrared Astronomy;
- Performance Prediction;
- Signal To Noise Ratios;
- Instrumentation and Photography;
- Infrared Radiation:Interferometers;
- Interferometers:Infrared Radiation