Simultaneous dual-wavelength VLBI observations of the compact radio source near the galactic center.
Preliminary results from simultaneous VLBI observations at 3.6 and 13 cm confirm that, in this wavelength range, the size of the compact radio source near the galactic center varies at λ2, where λ is the wavelength of observation. These results also establish a flux density upper limit at 3.6 cm of 5 mJy for any source in Sgr A West smaller than 8 mas (80 AU).
Active Galactic Nuclei
- Pub Date:
- Galactic Nuclei;
- Milky Way Galaxy;
- Radio Sources (Astronomy);
- Very Long Base Interferometry;
- Radiant Flux Density;
- Radio Telescopes;
- Galactic Center:Radio Sources;
- Radio Sources:Galactic Center;
- Radio Sources:VLB Interferometry;
- VLB Interferometry:Radio Sources