The ADS Users Group (ADSUG) advises the ADS on the operations of the project, and recommends changes and improvements to both its services and procedures in order to maximize the scientific productivity of the community it serves. The ADSUG will advocate for the user community and provide suggestions regarding content curation, technical infrastructure, management, and priority setting.
The next Users Group meeting will take place in the fall of 2019 at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics.
Current members of the ADSUG are:
- Chris Lintott - chair; U. Oxford / Zooniverse
- Kathy Flanagan - outgoing chair; STScI
- Line Nybakk Akerholt - University of Oslo
- Roc Cutri - IPAC, Caltech
- Dawn Gelino - NExScI, IPAC, Caltech
- Erick Peirson - Cornell University Library, arXiv
- Josh Peek - STScI
- Jonathan Sick - LSST
- Matthew Turk - iSchool at UIUC
- Michael Wise - Netherlands Institute for Radio Astronomy
The most recent meeting of the ADSUG took place on November 28-29, 2018.
A list of prior Users Group meeting presentations, reports, and membership is available.
Individuals interested in serving in the committee will be encouraged to register their interest by submitting their name for consideration to the PI and/or the ADSUG chair.
The ADSUG will summarize its deliberations in a written report to the PI, and its findings will be posted publicly on this website. Community input to the users group is welcome. Feel free to contact the ADSUG chair or any of its members individually.
For more information, please read ADSUG’s charter.